If the first 3 months you are not used to the change in the body, is not adapted to have a little child growing up in her. The next 3 months can be said to be the best time of the “heavy” process.
Why the second trimester great?
- This is a good time to say goodbye to tired, morning sickness, vomiting after eating, etc. Take advantage of this pregnancy to eat scientifically.
- If there is nothing uncomfortable, you should take advantage of traveling, playing, entertaining to enjoy life around and create joy for the process of pregnancy.
- The first 12 weeks of difficult pregnancy have passed, you are entering the second trimester of pregnancy with many pleasant things. The chances of having a safe, healthy pregnancy are improved. Now is the time to relax and enjoy.
What do you do for this 3 months?
- Skin Care:
Do you have stretch marks? Especially now that your belly is bigger then this stretch marks even worse?
Only about 20% of pregnant women do not have stretch marks, so if you have stretch marks, this is very normal. Areas of multiple stretch marks are usually in the chest, abdomen, buttocks and thighs.
To avoid this situation you should not let your body gain too much weight in a short time.
You should also add fiber, drink plenty of water and use specialized products dedicated to your baby’s skin care. Or you can use coconut oil or olive oil to rub the stretch marks.
Many pregnant mothers still face the condition during the second trimester of pregnancy.
To avoid this phenomenon, mommy should drink plenty of water and use fiber rich foods. Sitting too much makes you constipated, so stand up for about 10 minutes after each sitting.
- Limit lying on your back:
The cause of this is due to the weight of the fetus on the veins that carry blood from the lower back to the heart.
The biggest danger of dizziness is that you faint. Therefore, to avoid dizziness, pregnant mothers should rest on their backs during the second trimester and the third trimester.
Instead, lie on your left side or place a hip pillow on your side.
- Visit a doctor:
During the second trimester, the 22nd week of pregnancy is extremely important. Pregnant women need ultrasound to examine fetal malformations: hydrocephalus, ventricular septal defect, spina bifida, congenital heart disease, short legs, club limbs, cleft lips, esophageal strictures, duodenal narrowing, umbilical hernia …
This is the golden time to diagnose, because at this time the baby is small, the ultrasonal amniotic fluid will be easier to explore than the next week. More amniocentesis is easier for ultrasound than the following weeks.
Nutrition regimen for pregnant women in the second trimester :
There are four basic food groups that the mother still chooses to continue to be advised by the dietitian to eat:
- Powder groups include: rice, noodles, corn, potatoes, cassava, etc.
- Protein group: meat, fish, eggs, crayfish, beans …
- Fat groups include: oil, fat, sesame, peanut …
- Vitamins and minerals include: vegetables and fruits.
The goal for mothers during this stage is to increase 3-4kg, so you should pay attention to the menu to ensure enough nutritional needs for both mother and fetus. In particular, the mother should pay attention to the following:
- Notice the fat supplement as it is essential for fetal brain development.
- In the menu there is no lack of green vegetables and ripe fruits to supplement vitamins and avoid constipation.
- Provides plenty of vitamins for the body including iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, B vitamins, folic acid, vitamins A, C, E, D and beta-carotene by eating a variety of foods.
- Drink enough water and avoid skipping meals.