My grandson and I went on here to facechipz.com; we registered, and then entered his chipz. We had 5 chipz that came in the package, and they are bright cool colors and have the great face icons that the kids use when texting and IMing to their friends! It is a great safe site where kids can gather and share their stories, and pictures, and just “stuff”! Great idea, and once you register once for one dollar, you can add as many kids to your account as you want! Give it a try, the only thing you have to lose is the worry!!
What is FaceChipz™?
- FaceChipz.com is a secure social network for tweens that is built on giving collectable friendship tokens (FaceChipz) to connect friends online.
- FaceChipz.com is designed specifically for tweens interested in the internet, community, collecting and sharing.
- FaceChipz are exchanged between friends and serve as an invitation to connect online.
- Kids can only connect to friends with whom they have physically exchanged FaceChipz.
- Created by a concerned father, FaceChipz bridges the gap between younger children’s websites and open social networks designed for mature teens and adults.
- FaceChipz is based on the purchase, sharing and collecting of high?quality, injection?molded, round plastic tokens called FaceChipz?each with a colorful emoticon.
- FaceChipz promotes social development by encouraging its users to have a balance of face to face and online communications.
- FaceChipz is a safe harbor site with no search option, ensuring that children only communicate with friends they know.
- Parents and kids register online using unique codes found on the FaceChipz tokens.
- To build their network, kids pass their FaceChipz on to friends who log on to FaceChipz.com and enter the code from the back of the FaceChipz. FaceChipz.com confirms the friendship and the two are linked!
- Tweens can personalize their profile page with a variety of colorful backgrounds and themes.
- As kids give and receive FaceChipz the site tracks all the chips they have registered and displays their collection in a special digital gallery.
- FaceChipz allows kids to communicate through a series of messaging tools that include “ChipChat” IM’s, internal emails and ‘What am I up to?’ mini tweets.
- The ‘Secret Message’ widget allows kids to create messages that friends can digitally scratch to read.
- The ‘My 11’s’ widget allows tweens to create lists of their top 11 favorites i.e. “the 11 best Hannah Montana episodes,” or “the 11 most disgusting things about my younger brother,”.
- The site also includes a photo sharing feature that tweens can use to upload, organize and share snapshots.
- FaceChipz’ numerous colors and different styled emoticons are uniquely collectable!
- Each of the FaceChipz has a name and point value, making each chip more collectable than the last.
- In order to collect FaceChipz you have to ‘Give 2 Get’! Sharing the chips with friends kids grown their network and build their collection AND earn points in the process..
- The more points they earn, the more cool stuff kids can “purchase” from the FaceChipz Virtual Shop.
- High quality design gives the silver dollar?sized FaceChipz a weight and strength that will outlast other collectables.
- Special edition FaceChipz are being developed for Halloween, Valentine’s Day and other holiday seasons.
Facechipz is going to giveaway a set of these great chipz to one lucky reader! Just follow the rules for the giveaway below. These are really great and a great gift idea too. Good luck!
1. Contest is open to U.S. residents only.
2. You must leave a comment.
1. You may join our RSS feed preferably through the email subscription having the same email address on the comment that you have in the RSS feed.
2. You may write about our contest on your blog!
3. Tweet about this contest and comment here to tell us!
CONTEST ENDS: December 12, 2009 @ MIDNIGHT EST.