The baby’s smooth, white skin suddenly becomes dry, peeling, chapped especially at the feet causing the mother extremely anxious. What is the cause and what to do when the child is skin peeling? Is it dangerous to have a child with a leg or feet? Pjmommy will answer your questions to parents through the following article.
- 1 What is baby skin peeling? Is baby skin peeling normal ?
- 2 Common causes of baby skin peeling:
- 3 Is it dangerous for baby have skin peeling on feet?
- 4 How to treat baby skin peeling ?
- 5 Notes when get peeling skin off baby:
What is baby skin peeling? Is baby skin peeling normal ?
Peeling skin is dry skin, scaly, cracked and shed every day, usually under the feet.
Peeling skin can occur in anyone, children, adults and the elderly.
There are many causes of skin peeling and severity is also different. Baby need to be examined and treated early, as the disease is likely to become more serious and difficult to cure.
Common causes of baby skin peeling:
- Dermatitis allergic (eczema).
- Contact dermatitis (exposure to allergens, such as perfume, ivy, and soap).
- Allergic to drugs.
Due to infection
- Fungal infections.
- Meningococcal septicemia (meningitis-Meningococcemia).
- Staph infections.
- Viral infection.
- Kawasaki disease (predominantly in young children and infants) is a disease in which the body’s own immune system causes peeling of the limbs.
- Acute leukemia.
- Cancer of the blood (T-cell lymphoma, but rare in children).
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
- Toxic shock syndrome.
Some other causes
- Genetic, genetic disorders.
- Due to the locomotive, people have dry skin.
- Soaps and cleansers dry the skin.
- Insect bites.
- Side effects of some drugs.
- Vitamin deficiency.
- Cancer treatment.
- Skin damage, severe irritation (eg burns, skin necrosis, …).
- There are problems with blood circulation (walking, standing for many hours, wearing shoes frequently, etc.).
Is it dangerous for baby have skin peeling on feet?
Soft feet peeling are often not dangerous to children but will cause them to feel itchy, but in many cases become more serious as:
- Skin is cracked, ulcerated, causes pain and bleeding.
- Infections spread.
- Tissue tissue.
- Scarring or permanent change of skin structure.
- Color change.
- Skin cancer (rare in children).
- In addition, baby skin peeling on face, on head, on neck,on eyebrows, lips, nails or fingers often appear so the mother should note.
How to treat baby skin peeling ?
If you are worried about the methods from the outside, you can use breast milk. Breast milk contains many antibodies and vitamins are very good for your baby’s skin treatment, children with extremely dry skin. However, mother only apply for 15 – 20 minutes and then wipe with a warm towel.
Surely many mommy curious and feel suspicious when using honey to treat skin peeling on feet? Then try to see the great use of his honey. Because honey contains a lot of natural antioxidants to nourish and moisturize healthy skin.
Read more: Can I Give My Baby Frozen Fruit?
Referring to the method of treating skin pealing can not mention coconut oil, natural remedy dry skin, excellent skin. Coconut oil soothes irritated skin and prevents bacterial contamination. In addition, coconut oil does not clog the pores and can easily penetrate the skin.
You can also mix oatmeal (grated) directly into baby’s warm bath. Use water in the baby’s bathtub and in symptomatic children, use a soft cloth or bath towel to absorb water.
This is an effective way to soothe itchy skin as well as the condition of your baby’s skin. Note that the mother does not place the cloth in areas such as mouth, eyes, nose.
Give your baby plenty of water, especially water needed for the skin, especially during dry weather, seasonal transfer. There should be a humidifier in the room if the baby in the room has air conditioning. Give baby food or drink fruits rich in vitamin C such as orange, tangerine, grapefruit, apple … will be good for her skin to avoid skin peeling.
Read more : Great Benefits Of Walnuts For Baby
Notes when get peeling skin off baby:
Parents need to first determine the cause and level of the disease. See your baby’s skin and should be examined for proper diagnosis and treatment. In light cases, you can apply the following:
- Avoid using soaps, detergents, bleach.
- You can bathe your baby with herbs, leaves during the bath.
- Avoid strong when bathing, cleaning baby. Massage with essential oils (such as olives) to moisturize your baby’s sensitive skin.
- Clean foot: Wipe foot sweat, wash your baby clean regularly.
- Avoid leaving your child barefoot in the sun, unhygienic areas, etc.
- Select appropriate socks and shoes; Clean and sanitize them before use for children.
- Use some kind of powder sprinkled on children’s shoes to reduce the moisture.
- Apply some medication, cream on the legs if caused by infection, fungal infection or oral medications such as fluconazole, itraconazole.
- Ensure adequate nutrition for the baby to have good resistance.
Baby skin peeling is too dangerous, but it must be treated in a definitive and long-term manner. In many cases, it is still a familiar part of the body, becoming obsessive and as young as it gets to adulthood. Hope the information will help you in the care of your baby.