Babies can suffer from dry skin and acne just like adults can. While babies can’t complain about their skin condition, it is obvious that dry, flaky skin makes them feel uncomfortable and itchy. As a parent, it is always our first concern to make sure our babies are safe, healthy and comfortable. This is why baby acne is quite distressing for parents.
So Can I Use Cetaphil On My Baby?
Using Cetaphil for babies is actually very safe, and quite effective. You can apply it to your little one if he or she has dry skin, redness, itching or even eczema.
Cetaphil Is Entirely Safe:
Cetaphil is a very mild product and will not irritate your baby’s skin. It is free of any paraben, which can be dangerous for little babies. It is also hypo-allergic, which means that the chances of your little one having an allergic reaction to Cetaphil are almost none.
The ingredients present in Cetaphil are organic and soft and will soothe the skin. It does not have any harsh chemicals that a lot of adult soaps and moisturizers contain.
When Can You Use Cetaphil?
Giving Cetaphil to your baby is a good idea if he or she has:
- Dry skin and redness
- Irritation and itchiness
- Rash on the face or body
- In this case, you should consult your doctor as well.
- Diaper rash
What Are The Different Cetaphil Products?
There are a number of Cetaphil products which you can use for your baby. The most commonly used is cream or lotion, but there are many other options available as well.
- Cetaphil soap is a good option for washing and bathing your baby, even if he or she does not have any skin problems.Their soap is light, hypo-allergic and does not contain any chemicals. The soap can be bought as a bar or in the form of a gentle wash. You can apply it to the whole body, taking care to avoid the eyes.
This soap will not dry out your baby’s skin at all; it fact, it helps to moisturize it. They have a shampoo as well, which you can use to wash your baby’s head.
- For babies with eczema, there are special eczema calming wash and lotion. These products provide relief against itchiness, irritation and dryness of skin. The wash and lotion both moisturize the skin and also help in repairing damaged skin cells. They do not have any fragrance so your baby will not be irritated.
It can be safely used for babies who are older than three months.
- There is moisturizing oil as well, which you can apply to your baby to give them smooth, fresh and healthy skin. The contents of the oil are derived from marigold flower, and do not contain any mineral oil.
- There are a number of lotions available. While the classic Cetaphil lotion is sufficient enough, they have another variety with Shea butter as well, which can be safely applied after the baby is three months old. This is a very rich lotion which aims to protect your little one’s skin against dryness and eczema.